It's hard starting over. Change is hard. When I moved from Berkeley to Hawaii, I had to go through an adjustment period. Everything was new, the culture, the weather, the prices! It was so hot and I didn't come prepared, I didn't even own a pair of flip flops. I was wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts with tennis shoes! I finally got pretty acclimated and got my wardrobe together and as soon as I did, I moved to Chicago. When I decided to move to Chicago, I couldn't see into the future, I didn't see what would lie ahead, I was just excited to go!
I have been here for 2 months now and reality is starting to finally set in. It is hard to move to a new place and adjust! Especially when the new place is SO different from anywhere you've ever been. I've never really been in the snow. Don't think I've ever been in falling snow and now I'm living in it. I've never been in temperatures this cold before. I have had to buy clothes to adjust and learn to dress for the weather. Finding the right shoes hasn't been easy for me either. You have to have shoes to walk to work in that are non slippery and waterproof, but then you have to have comfortable shoes to work in that are also professional. That is just the beginning of my winter blues! Coats, sweaters, long johns, wool socks, hats, gloves, scarves, chap stick, lotion, the madness never ends!
Then to top it all off, after I go shopping and get a good start with my wardrobe, I gain WINTER WEIGHT and end up having to shop all over again in a bigger size! *Sigh*
It's hard not having any of my own friends here.
It's hard moving into someone else's home.
It's hard living with someone and getting to know them.
It's hard not knowing where things are in the city.
It's hard getting to know a new "chubby" me.
I'm not trying to be a complainer but I'm just saying that though I understand change to be a necessary part of growth, at times it can be quite painful and frustrating.
Even with all of the frustrations and growing pains, I am still happy that I am here, I am happy with my new life. I wouldn't turn back the hands of time to change things or even make them easier. No pain no gain right? RIGHT??
No comments:
Post a Comment