Sunday, November 08, 2009

Gettin' Grown

I haven't written in a long time! Jeesh! I was just reading over my past posts and realize how much I have changed over the years. I have seriously changed myself, my life and the course that I was on. I feel so much better and grounded than I was a few years ago. I know that I have made some really good decisions for myself. I have been on a journey of a thousand miles and each step got me here. I have been through hell and back and I am SO happy to not be in that place anymore. I have a brand new life and a new way of thinking. I am not a defeatist any more and I'm not as hard on myself as I used to be. I am learning to accept me for who I am and to LOVE MYSELF. Reading back, that was one of my goals and one that I have stayed true to. I am still working it out, but when I look back, I can see that I've come a long way. I am more content than I have been my whole life. And I am thankful. My twenties were seriously hard. But in my thirties although it's hard at times, I have developed tougher skin. Life is not always roses and rainbows but it's not gloom and doom either. "I'm not where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be!

No comments: