Thursday, October 04, 2012

My Week Back in Oakland

I'm having an amazing time in Oakland this week. So, yesterday I went to hook up with my sister-friend Becky that I have't spent time with in about 6 years. We had a great time hanging out. We went out for sushi and talked story all night. I spent the night at her house and jumped up at 6am to go to my acupuncture appt. I walked to Rockridge BART and went over to The Mission district in San Francisco. I took a bus and had to walk up a hill. Anyhoo, my friend Teresa, who I also haven't seen in ages is an intern at The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It was so nice to see her and I was her very first patient that she saw on her own. So special. Teresa is so sweet. She put the needles in, one right between the eyes, put the heat lamp on my feet, turned on some soothing music and left me for about 30 minutes. Oh man, I was sooo relaxed. It was great. We had a heart to heart and it was so touching. Afterwards I headed back to Oakland, bus-BART-bus. Well apparently I kind of took the wrong bus and had to walk a half mile. As I'm walking, down California St. I walk in front of this house and I'm like, hey, I know this house. I worked there as an arts intern for Jazz Now Magazine in high school. And then, out walks Haybert and I'm like heyy! He and his wife Stella took me to the rotary club with them and entered me in a speech contest in the 12th grade and sent me to Finland for a student exchange program for a month! He invited me in and we all talked story and caught up. They invited me to dinner tonight with the same group that sent me all those years ago! They have been having Thursday night dinners ever since and that was almost 20 years ago. I'm looking forward to the dinner, even though I am tired but I am going to press through it. Also, it looks like we'll be going to Art Murmur tomorrow and I'm excited about that. My sister may drive down for it. Blessings all the way around. What an amazing week it has been. We had Leda's 60th birthday dinner on Saturday, got to hang out with Kisha, Chanee, Kevinn and Chaunci and Byron after, had girl time with Kisha and Leda, hung out with Kisha, Chaunci and Ayo the next day, hung out with Leda and her grankids for two days, took Busta walking a few times and I've had plenty time to rest and relax. God is good. Thankful for my friends and family.

2 comments:

Keesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keesh said...

Sounds like you had a fun week. Those are the times we have to remember when we are down. Reading your post lifted my spirits, and it made me want to connect with my friends more often. Especially you. Maybe we can set up a ritual with our group of friends. Like a "dinner with friends night", or something like that. That would be fun. Since we a scattered throughout the US, and Cali it might be fun to set up a time during the year when we travel to see friends. Fun, Fun, Fun....what do you think about that?