I am learning that living a healthy and peaceful life actually takes EFFORT and patience. It is something that I didn't know before and is becoming more and more clear to me as the fog begins to lift. I find that I have to be conscious about being positive and not focusing on the negative, I am starting to see that it is a choice, to try, before I just accepted that this is the way that things are. And when your life and spirit are out of control and have gone down a wrong path, it takes a lot of intentional energy to retrieve it and re-establish balance. It is hard work, but it is worth it. I would rather work hard and live in peace, than to resign and live this life in hell.
Prayer works! It really does bring clarity to situations and circumstances. When I begin to thank God in prayer, it causes me to be more thankful and focus on what is really important in life, I begin to see how these worldly things aren't as important as we make them out to be. But the thing is is that we all tend to forget with so much going on in our daily lives (the chaos and noise). Quieting the mind and praying actually helps me to remember the TRUTH. The scriptures begin to make so much sense and become alive again inside. We have to go to battle with demons that want nothing more than to destroy us. But I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can take the pressure off of myself by knowing, that no matter how hard I try, my own strength will never be enough to make it in this world. I have to draw on Divine strength and energy. I can do more than I ever believed possible when I do this.
And here's something that speaks to my situation:
"Depression is another symptom that all is not well. Within the clinical world, depression is generally considered an emotional and mental disorder. But prolonged depression often preceds the development of a physical illness. In energy terms, depression literally is a release of energy-or life force, if you will-without consciousness. If energy is like money, depression is like opening your wallet and announcing, "I don't care who takes my money or how it is spent." Prolonged depression inevitably creates chronic exhaustion. If you don't care who spends your money or how much, inevitably you will end up broke. Just so, without energy you cannot support your health."
"The process of curing is passive; that is, the patient is inclined to give his or her authority over to the physician and prescribed treatment instead of actively challenging the illness and reclaiming health. Healing, on the other hand, is an active and internal process that includes investigating one's attitudes, memories, and beliefs with the desire to release all negative patterns that prevent one's full emotional and spiritual recovery."
God, give us the strength...
No comments:
Post a Comment