Thursday, August 26, 2004

The truth will set you free

Peace and Blessings. This blog is created to help me process my healing journey. I'll write things that have been helpful to me and hopefully they will be helpful to you too.

God is good. I am thankful to Him for his mercy and grace in my life. Life is an amazing, universal, spiritual journey, I am learning so much about myself and life. I see that I am connected to something that is so much bigger than myself. My life is not an isolated event but is a part of a whole. We are all on the same journey, just at different points at different times. Sometimes we are in darkness, sometimes in the light, sometimes we are in pain, sometimes in peace, all of our states have something to teach us. These lessons are all to help us to become the people that we were meant to be and to fulfill our purpose in this life. The more I am learning about this life, the more I am beginning to have faith that there is heaven after this.

Anatomy of the Spirit - Carolyn Myss

"...relationships are essentially spiritual messengers. They bring into our lives-and we into theirs-revelations about our own strengths and weakness."

"Faith in anything, be it positive or negative, produces results. Putting faith in fear generates destructive results, beginning with the disintegration of our ability to relate confidently to the external world."

"Hypnotized by the voice of fear, one is unable to think or act with clarity, because one is contaminated with fears that short-circuit creative energy and ideas..."

2 comments:

Michelle Collier said...

Meeks,

Love your blog. Welcome to the 21st Century!

I just wanted to share something with everyone. One day I started having some really negative thoughts, "you are a failure", "your entire existence is a joke", "you are never going to amount to anything", "why do you keep trying", "why don't you just give up", "stop kidding yourself".

I started crying and in my mind, I could imagine myself filling the bathtub up with water, taking a bottle of pills, getting in the tub, lifting my legs up on the wall so that I sank down just low enought to keep my head above water, and slitting my wrists. I thought if the pills don't kill me, and I don't bleed to death, I will become unconscious and slip beneath the water.

But something inside me said, no, that's not what I want. But the idea was very overpowering. I felt so hopeless and the only thing I could think of is Jesus. Say Jesus! So I started saying, Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! And suddenly the feeling left. I mean instantly.

I realized at that very moment I had come under a strong demonic attack. I was experiencing temptation. I was literally being tempted to kill myself. It was so powerful I didn't even realize it. The Lord spoke to me and said, all that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved, and I will deliver you from the hour of temptation.

I realized that I needed Jesus more than ever, and that the devil was trying to take me out. Without Christ we are powerless over Satan and unless God opens our eyes we won't even see him coming.

I just thought I would share this with everyone because I truly believe that depression and suicide are powerful demonic spirits and our only true defense is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Michelle Collier said...

Mieko,

Brandon wrote this message and I thought it was essential to healing. Hope you enjoy it.

Injured Children

I wrote this to shed some light on the subject concerning those who have been injured on the battlefield.

What battlefield?


The spiritual battlefield that you and I face daily. Whether we believe it, or not. We're in a battle as we speak. It doesn't matter how young or how old. It doesn't matter what race. It doesn't matter if your male or female.
We're in a battle for our souls. God almighty wants us to live with him eternally. That's the whole purpose of him sending his son Jesus to die for us only to be raised from the dead to defeat sin. Satan, on the other hand, wants us to suffer his destiny, which is hell and the lake of fire. He is jealous of mankind because God loves man soooo much. We are the apple of God's eye. David was referring to this in Psalms 17.


17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

17:9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

Knowing this, Satan's number one incentive is to tamper with God's most treasured possesion, You and me(mankind). He starts this as early as conception. He will do anything including transferring of demonic spirits into a baby's conscience while still in a womb. I've heard that there are some who think homosexuality is genetic for example. That's a lie from the pit of hell, regardless of who's research says so. This is nothing more than a demonic possession/oppression. During the course of anyone's lifetime, we receive a lot of hurts, rejections, and heartaches. These things are meant to take us away from the characteristics that God instilled in us when he sent our soul and spirit down here on earth to live in a body. God has a plan for everyone. The problem is that most don't even know this. Satan, through his tactics, tries to convince a person that he or she is worthless.(To believe that we don't have a Godly purpose on this earth)

If Satan can convince a person that they are worthless, he can further implement more deceptions. He usually offers a self-hating person drugs, alcohol, and various form of sexual immorality for starters. There is a certain pleasure in sin that man falls for. In 2 Timothy, it mentions this as being on of the problems with people in the last days.

3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Once Satan's devices of hurt, pain, heartache have been implemented, he constantly speaks to the persons, reminding them of their harmful encounters. He usually does this each and everytime something positive is within his or her reach.

The people that are hurt the most are often times, packaged with something inside of them that is very powerful. Often times, they contain some gift inside of them that would edify the body of Christ, as well as encourage non-believers to come to Christ. This explains why they are such a target. If you are suffering some type of pain or hurt today, take a look at your life in the 3rd person point of view and see how you are still here with the chance to give it(your pain, hurt, cares) to God so that you can see the meaning of why you weren't totally destroyed. You are to learn from your hardships so that you can inspire others how to survive as you did. God has all the answers for you. The Spirit of Christ Jesus is ready and willing to speak through your life, if you would accept him and let him do so.

Let this poem inspire those people who's life seems as though it has neverending tribulation(Trials).

The silversmith

A curious woman called a silversmith and ask if she could watch him as he worked with the precious metal.
She wondered if the process would be like God's rose wrapped in velvet like petals.
She read "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver" a scripture taken from the Bible in Malachi chapter three.
She wondered what this statement meant for she held no biblical degree.
The silversmith agreed to allow her to watch as he went about his task.
She has so many questions she wanted to ask.
What did this verse mean about God's character and nature she thought.
Answers to these questions she curiously sought.
She watched as the silversmith held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat.
She noticed he held it in the middle of the fire where the flames where the hottest for she had a ringside seat.
He smiled knowingly explaining this was done to burn away all impurities big or small.
The woman thought about God holding each one of us in such a hot spot but never once allowing us to fall.
"Is it true you have to sit here in front of this hot fire and watch as this silver is being refined?"
"Yes, I have to sit here holding the silver and keep my eyes on it the entire time.
If the silver is left a moment too long in the flames it will be destroyed", he kindly smiled.
She sat there watching with the wonder of a child.
"How do you know when the silver is fully refined", the lady inquired?
"Oh! "It is done when I can see my image in it", he said rather inspired. The lady pictured her life in the heat of the fire now knowing God had His eyes watching until He saw His image in her.
She could relate to this because her father had a vineyard and was a wine connoisseur.
So if at this moment your life seems to be in the flames of fire so hot. Remember you are only in the middle of God's great melting pot. He watches constantly, never once taking His eyes away. He is your Anchor in times of trouble and In His Hands you will always stay.


"THE SILVERSMITH"

Some time ago, a few ladies met to study the
scriptures. While reading the third chapter of Malachi,
they came upon a remarkable expression in the third verse:
"And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver"
(Malachi 3:3).

One lady decided to visit a silversmith, and report to the
others on what he said about the subject. She went
accordingly, and without telling him the reason for
her visit, begged the silversmith to tell her about the
process of refining silver. After he had fully described
it to her, she asked,

"Sir, do you sit while the work of refining is going on?"

"Oh, yes ma'am," replied the silversmith; "I must sit
and watch the furnace constantly, for, if the time
necessary for refining is exceeded in the slightest
degree, the silver will be injured."

The lady at once saw the beauty and comfort of the
expression,
"He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

God sees it necessary to put His children into the furnace;
but His eye is steadily intent on the work of purifying,
and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best
manner for us. Our trials do not come at random, and
He will not let us be tested beyond what we can endure.

Before she left, the lady asked one final question,
"How do you know when the process is complete?"

"That's quite simple," replied the silversmith.

"When I can see my own image in the silver, the refining
process is finished."