Thursday, April 07, 2005

Peek-a-boo

I don't know why I stopped writing. I love blogging, I don't know why I don't do it more. Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to begin. I have felt better in this last month than I have felt in a long long time. Only one breakdown! :) Hee hee...

Especially this past week, I have felt grounded able to deal with my emotions. It's a great feeling. RJ got me looking into nursing school, I thought of being a nurse before but never actually considered it. I did some research and found that it is really doable. They have Master's Nursing degrees for people like me with no nursing background, how exciting is that? I have to say the actual thought of being is a nurse isn't overwhelmingly exciting, but I feel that at least I would have a specialized skill that would be mine! I have been looking into JFKU's Holistic Health Education program for a while and besides being expensive, I realize that I would come out of the program deep in debt and still with no concrete skills. My problem is that I need direction, I'm just not a go-getter anymore. I don't know how great I'd be starting up my own holistic health practice. I need structure. And nursing would provide structure and from there, then maybe I can branch out and begin to incorporate my holistic health beliefs... At least I would still be in the health field, I'd have to get over my disgust for Western medicine of course, but I think I could pull it off, hopefully. Alls I know is that something has got to change, I'm not going to be an "Office Manager" for the rest of my life, that's for sure. Ms. Lau is my inspiration, she once told me that she decided to go to grad school, just to be doing something, that it wasn't necessarily her passion, but at least she was pursuing something! That really affected me, careers change, they come and go, at least do something. I don't want to spend my life wondering what I should have done with it.

It's a 3 year program though, dang that's a lot of school for someone as old as me. :) Turning 2-9 next month! Woo hoo!

Okay, enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Mieko!! You can do it!