I went to my first violin lesson (since elementary school) today and I am so excited! I have been wanting to play violin for years and I've finally struck up the courage to go for it. I even have my rented violin right here next to me. Yay. My teacher Krystyna is really cool. Today was the super basics, learning the parts of the violin, how to hold it and then the basic notes. I get to pluck away at A & E strings until next week, no bow. Sad face. I'm ready to be a Mozart! But seriously, this is going to be a long (probably life long) process and I will work to just enjoy each step along the way.
I love music and I love the sound of the violin in classical music. My homework for this week is to find three classical and three non-classical pieces that I like. Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik was the first piece that I fell for and is one of my all-time favorites, thanks to Kish-Diggy who played the bass in junior high school and turned me on to it. We used to hum/sing out the whole song back in the dayz.
No comments:
Post a Comment