Friday, June 01, 2007

Forgiveness

I ask for forgiveness to all of those that I have hurt in my life. I ask for forgiveness for being selfish, lazy, irresponsible, immoral, unwise, impulsive, reckless and foolish. I ask for forgiveness for all the many ways my actions have hurt other people either directly or indirectly. I apologize for not being disciplined and focused.

I have learned the impact that each of our lives make in this world and the way that our simple existence effects the whole world in some way. No matter what we do, our actions, our being creates change in this world. It's pretty mind blowing once you realize it. Knowing this, it makes me want to make every action count, to try to step as gently on this earth as possible. I want to be a source of love and giving, caring and understanding. I want to bring peace and joy to others.

I know that this journey is a learning process and people always tell me that I'm too hard on myself, but I can't act like I don't see the consequences of my actions. And I can't say that the things that I do that are "wrong" don't affect other people.

Hey, maybe negative actions can also promote positive change for people as well. (I mean if there was no bad, why would we want to do good?) But that is no excuse to blantantly do wrong.

Anyways, I just wanted to cleanse my soul and say that I'm sorry and that I want to continue to grow, change and improve for the better, for myself and for all mankind (and womankind too! :).

Love,

Meeks

No comments: