Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mieko & Kiemo




Guess who got a kitty kitty kitty??? Yep that's right, me! Her (I think it's a she) name is Kiemo. Mieko and Kiemo, two peas in a pod. I've been wanting a cat forever! And I'm lucky that my roommate wanted one too, so it worked out. We're having so much fun having her here. She was VERY shy and skittish at first and is still skittish, but not as much. She has become so much more friendly in the last couple of days. I took a few days and just spent one on one time with her, petting and playing with her and then she started to come out of her shell. I am very happy at the results of all my attention and love for the little one. She was a wreck when I first got her to the house. :(

We go to our first vet appointment on Monday and I have to look into pet insurance! It's like I have a baby, yes, she's my little baby. I look forward to coming home every day from work now. And she makes me laugh because she's so silly. She loves me and I'm her momma, she cuddles up to my face and she recognizes my voice and comes to me all the time. It's so fun. At times I get a little scared about the commitment, like, wanting to back out when I think of the seriousness of it, but I tell myself, it's going to be okay and take a deep breath. I am going to enjoy my new kitty. :)I don't know why I chose the name Kimo (changed to Kiemo to be like momma), I was saying names out loud as I was bringing her home and that came to me and felt right. Then my friend told me that it's a Hawaiian name!! I'm in tune!

No comments: