I just watched The Secret last night and now I see what all the hype was about. It was a really well made film. And it was inspirational. It seems like a lot of what you already know but it's presented in a way that makes you want to try to create a better life for yourself. I have been learning many of these concepts through my life experience. Such as, the fact that we do have power to change our lives and our thoughts and feelings determine what manifests in our lives.
THE LAW OF ATTRACTION: We become what we think about most - "Thought becomes things.
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about making goals. For years I had stopped making goals because of fear. Fear of failure because of my past mistakes. Now I'm beginning to realize how important it is to make goals in life. And how you can get really stagnant if you don't. It is amazing what can happen when you put the energy out into the universe that you want a certain thing to happen, or manifest. For instance, look at this blog that I posted March 29:
http://miekosjourney.blogspot.com/2007/03/moving-to-hawaii.html
When I posted this I really didn't know how I was going to move to Hawaii, didn't know how I was going to get a laptop, ship my car, all that stuff. But I accomplished almost everything on that list, without ever looking back at the list. Someone bought me a laptop for my birthday, someone paid for my car to be shipped, someone got me a job in Hawaii, etc etc. I wanted to change so badly, that I called this change into being.
And now it makes me see that if I make other goals, then maybe I can continue to change my life in other positive ways.
One thing that the film emphasizes is that if you focus on negativity and things that draw your energy out of you, or even if we constantly focus on what we don't want then we will still manifest that because we are still attracting that to us. We are attracting these things to us because that is what our predominate thoughts are and where our predominate energies lie.
We have to see ourselves living as we want and we will attract that to us.
"Everytime an individual has a thought or a prolonged chronic way of thinking, they're in the creation process. Something is going to manifest out of those thoughts."
And this is really true. For years I've been feeling depressed and stuck, unmotivated, unworthy, untalented, unstable, undisciplined, unfocused, incapable, insecure, without purpose...and what has happened to me?? I've stayed stuck, depressed...etc. etc. I've been wanting to go back to grad school for years, I've been wanting to focus on my health career, something that I think I would love, I've even wanted to act, but I haven't done anything because of the fear of failure, all based on past failure or past mistakes.
"Your life is the physical manifestation of the thoughts that go on in your head."
I believe this is why I've been attracted to Buddhism for so long, because I know that the practice is about putting the energy out into the Universe of the changes that you want made in your life.
In the book, The Buddha in Your Mirror, in discussing Nichiren Buddhism it says, "According to this Buddhist teaching, each of us possesses the potential for happiness. Within us is the ability to live with courage, to have fulfilling relationships, to enjoy good health, to show compassion for others, and to face and surmount our deepest problems. To live this sort of winning life, the individual must undergo an inner transformation. This process involves a transformation of our very character, an individual "human revolution."
"On April 28, 1253, Nichiren first declared Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to be the one true law, the great "secret" hidden in the depths of the Lotus Sutra."
"Not only can we fulfill our desires as we change ourselves from within, but also the desires themselves begin to change. They become purified or elevated. And the desires that we do have serve as fuel, propelling us toward our enlightenment."
So it's all about defining your intentions to line up with the things that you want for your life. The happiness, the peace, the joy, the relationships, the career, the purpose, and so forth.
Christianity also affirms this "secret" concept. (Disclaimer - one thing that I also believe is that we are not the TOTAL masters of our life and destiny, I think that God is in control ultimately. But we do play a part in our own lives as well. As a friend just said to me today, we do play a part in our own lives and we have to determine whether the part we are playing is benefitting us or causing us harm.)
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
You have to become a "deliberate creator of your life".
1. Ask - make a command of the Universe, the universe responds to your thoughts.
2. Believe - believe that it's already yours. Have unwaivering faith. We usually don't allow ourselves to want what we really want because we don't know how it's going to manifest. We don't have to know, we will attract the way. Generate the feelings of having what you want. This is how you turn fantasy into fact. You can start with nothing and out of nothing and no way, a way will be made.
I can't get the third step cause my remote stopped working and I can't rewind! hahahaa
See The Secret - Part 2, coming soon... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment