Friday, June 01, 2007

Pay it Forward

Today I had to take a bus to the East side of the island (3 hour bus ride) so that I could pick up my car, which just arrived from California. I took a public bus that runs once a day at 6:30 in the morning. So, I'm standing out there, there are no bus stops, and I see the bus stops on the other side of the street a few feet away from me. I cross the street, see someone get on and start running for the bus. The bus is coming toward me and I start waving at the bus driver, the bus driver sees me, waves back and KEEPS DRIVING!!

I was sooo shocked I couldn't believe it. I was going to try and run after the bus, but I could see he wasn't trying to stop for me. I was standing in front of this little pub/restaurant and a guy that works there came out and asked me if the bus left me. I told him yes and he says that they do that all the time. He said, let me get my wife to give you a ride up to the next bus stop.

So his wife comes running out and tells me to hop in her truck! I was soo shocked that these folks were being so nice to me. She tells me that they give rides to people all the time and that one time this lady had to go to the other side of the island for important business and the bus just passed her. She was crying and this lady gave her a ride. At the next bus stop she had to park in front of the bus to keep him from taking off so the lady could get on!

Once we got to the next bus stop, another car was blocking the bus so he couldn't drive off! I was soo thankful and the lady refused my gas money offer. But once I got on the bus I went off! "Didn't you see me waving you down?" I asked the bus driver. "Well that wasn't a stop," was his reply!!! But there are no bus stop SIGNS!

I need to report this guy because who knows how many countless people he's done this to. I hear the woman bus driver stops sometimes and sometimes she doesn't! I feel bad for folks if this happens. If you miss the bus, you have to wait a whole nother day! And today was Friday which means that I would have had to wait until Monday!

Okay so now that I've vented...I really appreciate the folks that gave me a ride so I could catch the bus. This must be HAWAII because that is SO nice! I will have to pay it forward!!!! P.S. Thanks to them, I got my car!

P.P.S. People have been really nice to me since I've been here. Folks have been helping me out soo much, with a place to stay and a job and food and driving their car and rides and everything! I remember there was a time when I felt like I was always giving and never receiving, well now I feel like it's all coming back to me, right when I need it the most. I am thankful! We gotta keep the blessings moving!

No comments: